Tap to unmute
A perfect guide of how to make kimchi, salt napa cabbages, golden ratio of seasoning
- 게시일 2023. 11. 12.
- It's Jangnamcook!
It's getting cold these days, so I can feel it's the time to make kimchi!
So today, I prepared a kimchi recipe that my mother's family have used. You can make it delicious if you just follow the recipe😁
Enjoy making kimchi and have a great time with your family!
Salting napa cabbages 0:16
Making the broth 4:05
Making glutinous rice paste 4:58
Making kimchi paste 5:31
How to store kimchi 10:47
⭐️Ingredients & Key points for 5 cabbages (For 10 cabbages, double the recipe)⭐️
[Salted napa cabbages]
5 napa cabbages (10kg)
5 cups of sea salt (1kg) (1 cup of salt paper cup per napa cabbage) / Additional salt is not included
8L of water
📌 Key point for salted napa cabbages
- Dissolve salt in warm water. Five to six hours is enough to salt them.
3L of water
1 sheet of kelp (10g)
3 dried mushrooms (10g)
A handful of baby herring (25g)
2 small green onions (100g)
1 dried pollack (20g)
📌Key point for broth
- Please remove the gills from the dried pollack.
- If you soak the ingredients in water the day before boiling the broth, the broth will taste better.
[Glutinous rice paste]
Half cup of glutinous rice (Before soaking 90g / After soaking 170g)
4 cups of broth (800g)
📌Key point for glutinous rice paste
- It helps the kimchi ferment and the seasoning much easier.
- It reduces the smell of vegetables.
- It strengthens the natural sweetness.
[Kimchi paste ingredients]
2/3 radishes (300g)
500g of red pepper powder
1 pear 500g
2 cups of garlic / one and a half cups of crushed garlic (300g)
2 gingers (50g)
1 cup of raw shrimp (200g)
A handful of soaked green sea fingers (Before soaking 15g / After soaking 80g)
1 cup of salted fermented shrimp (200g) : 1 cup of anchovy sauce (200g) : 1 cup of salted fermented yellow croaker (200g)
Red mustard greens (200g)
1 onion (100g)
📌Key point for kimchi paste
- Add a handful of red pepper powder into the radish and mix them first.
- Rinse the raw shrimp with salt water just once.
- If you use the salted fermented yellow croaker, it will make the kimchi more savory afterwards.
- Add the vegetables after the paste is done.
- After mixing them, remove air pockets.
If you join my channel, it'd be so helpful for me to make a video!